In preparing for this weeks Pals Paper Arts Challenge, I came up with two projects.
The one I used for my design team submission was posted yesterday. See my scrapbook page by clicking here.
Pictured below is a card "in progress" using the colors from the PPA6 challenge: Brocade Blue, Crushed Curry, & Ruby Red.
When I was assembling this card, I discovered something kind of fun. The image you see above is a photo I took before completion.
I found that I really liked the graphic look of these colored scalloped squares paired with it's powerful sentiment. So, I wanted to share it with you.
Below, you'll see the completed card - which I am in love with. I can't stop staring at it on my stamping desk.
These colors may seem a bit intimidating to work with, but here's a tip - lay your ink pads next to each other, it may inspire you to create (that's what I do).
I chose to work with a simple image, the butterfly, which for me made the color combination workable and downright beautiful.
Please come play with us at Pals Paper Arts. We'd love to see what you can do with our color challenge.
- Holiday Mini Catalog - packed full of new products
- Sweet Hostess Promotion - ask me how you can host a party even if you aren't local
- Got Ink? - my mystery hostess program
- All Modern.com Giveaway - enter to win!
- *NEW* DSP Color Coordinating Chart - Holiday Mini DSP's added